I was wondering what the intuitions of the blog readers are regarding the familiar example of Schrodinger’s cat.
Here are several regarding whether or not the cat is alive or dead.
1) The cat is either alive or dead by metaphysical necessity.
2) It is a meaningless assertion because we can’t assert anything because we have no empirical verification.
3) It is unassertable but still the cat is still necessarily either alive or dead.
4) The cat is alive and not alive.
5) The truth of whether or not the cat is alive or dead is indeterminate, dropping bivalence here.
I think most people would fall under 1, but I’m leaning towards 5.