From Episteme, Denison University’s Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy:
CALL FOR PAPERS
Episteme is a student-run journal that aims to recognize and encourage excellence in undergraduate philosophy by providing examples of some of the best work currently being done in undergraduate philosophy programs. Episteme is published under the auspices of Denison University’s Department of Philosophy.
Episteme will consider papers written by undergraduate students in any area of philosophy. Papers are evaluated according to the following criteria: quality of research, depth of philosophic inquiry, creativity, original insight and clarity. Submissions to be considered for the twenty-second volume (May 2011) should adhere to the following stipulations:
1. Be a maximum of 5,000 words, a minimum of 1,800 words.
2. Combine research and original insight.
3. Include a cover sheet that provides the following information: author’s name, mailing address (current and permanent), email address, telephone number, college or university name, title of submission and word count.
4. Include a works cited page in the Chicago Manual of Style format. Please use endnotes rather than footnotes.
5. To allow for a blind review process, the author’s name should not appear on the manuscript itself.
6. Submissions should be sent electronically, formatted for Microsoft Word.
Please send papers and cover sheets to email@example.com.
Rolling submissions accepted. Submissions to be considered for May 2011 publication must be received by midnight, Sunday, November 14, 2010.
Questions should be submitted to the Editors.