In order to increase student awareness of and interest in philosophy, and to encourage contributions to the scholarly community, Dowling College Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies invites students to submit papers relating to any philosophical topic or period. Authors of accepted papers will be given the opportunity to present their work at Dowling College’s first undergraduate philosophy conference. Deadline for Submissions: January 15th, 2011
1. Although papers must relate to a philosophical topic or period, that does not mean that other areas, such as psychology, sociology, neurology, biology, etc., are excluded. As long as the paper engages with its topic in a philosophical manner you are more than welcome to submit the paper. Presenters should plan on having
15 minutes to present their work (approx. 8-10 pages long). Time limits will be strictly enforced.
2. Attach a copy of your submission in .doc or .docx format to an email, and send it to Adam Kohler at firstname.lastname@example.org and Christian Perring at email@example.com. Within the email, please include your name, email address, and college/university that you are affiliated with.
3. Please do not include your name on your paper, so that it may be reviewed “blind” by a committee of conference organizers.
4. Authors whose papers are accepted will be notified by Feb 15, 2011.
5. When you submit your paper, please indicate whether you would be interested acting as a discussant for another speaker’s paper. Please remember that you do not have to be a philosophy major to submit a paper! All currently enrolled undergraduates are welcome to submit their work. The Rudolph Campus of Dowling College is located in Oakdale, NY. This is 50 miles from NYC, and 25 minutes walk from the Oakdale LIRR train station. For more information contact Adam Kohler at firstname.lastname@example.org