Via APPE News:
The Philosophy Department at Montclair State University is seeking submissions for Ethics@MSU, an undergraduate conference on Ethics and ethical issues. This conference will be held on the campus of Montclair State University, on Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 3 PM. Submissions should be original, scholarly papers written on any area of Ethics. Papers can address cross-over areas between Ethics and other branches of philosophy, such as philosophy of mind, epistemology, social philosophy, and metaphysics. Papers can also be historical (e.g., “Ethics in Plato’s Early Thought”) or they can be problem-oriented (e.g., “The Ethics of Internet Privacy”). Ideally, paper submissions should be approx. 12 pages long, and speakers should plan on having 20 minutes to present their work. Submissions will be judged on the basis of relevance and writing quality, and authors whose work is selected will be notified via email. The conference will be followed by a banquet, on campus, and all participants (audience and speakers) are invited to attend.
The deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2010.
1. Submissions must be made via email. Send these to Chris Herrera at email@example.com. In your email, make sure to list your academic affiliation if you have one. You do not need to include a separate cover letter.
2. authors do not need to be philosophy majors. The conference is open to all undergraduate students.
3. attach your submission in [lastname].pdf format. Do not submit your paper in Microsoft Word format.
4. authors should delete their names from their papers, so that the selection committee can evaluate these “blind.”
5. when you submit your paper, please indicate in your email whether you would be interested in serving as a commentator on another author’s paper.
If you need additional details about the conference, contact Chris Herrera, Philosophy Department, Montclair State University.